Adjust the Ring Sensitivity
If the RFC-1/B does not answer the line when it rings then adjusting the ring sensitivity may resolve the condition. This assumes that the RFC-1/B is working normally and has not been damaged by lightning.
These instructions will maximize the ring sensitivity adjustment in the RFC-1/B.
Use the programming security code from your system when prompted at line 3.
- Connect to the RFC-1/B from either the local phone or a remote call.
- Once you have access to the system, enter programming mode:
- The RFC-1/B will prompt for the advanced programming security code:
- The RFC-1/B will prompt for a four digit address:
- The RFC-1/B will repeat the address and wait for a command.
- Enter the new setting for the ring sensitivity:
- Press the pound key to write the data at the address:
- Exit the programming mode immediately by pressing the star key:
It is important to press * and exit programming mode after the final value is entered.