Enabling Tone Dialing
Tone dialing is only available on systems with firmware version 5.07 or higher.
The factory setting for dialing is pulse (rotary) dialing. The tone dialing system was carefully engineered and it works in almost all cases. A small number of devices do not respond to the DTMF tones that the RFC-1/B generates.
These instructions will change the dialing mode of the RFC-1/B.
Use the programming security code from your system when prompted at line 3.
- Connect to the RFC-1/B from either the local phone or a remote call.
- Once you have access to the system, enter programming mode:
- The RFC-1/B will prompt for the advanced programming security code:
- The RFC-1/B will prompt for a four digit address:
- The RFC-1/B will repeat the address and wait for a command.
- Enter the new setting for the outbound dialing mode:
- Press the pound key to write the data at the address:
- Exit the programming mode immediately by pressing the star key:
It is important to press * and exit programming mode after the final value is entered.
To return the system to pulse dialing, repeat the procedure and enter
0 at line 6.