Frequently Asked Questions
RFC-1 Firmware Version 6 Features
Firmware version 6 is a significant rework of the RFC-1 firmware. Much of the system was rewritten to enhance existing features and operate more efficiently.
Here are some of the feature enhancements:
Clock/Calendar and Timed Event Enhancements
- The real time clock optionally adjusts for Daylight Savings Time.
- The clock/calendar is day of the week aware.
- Timed events are programmable based on day(s) of the week.
- Timed events can enable and disable specific telemtry alarms.
Telemetry System and Alarm Enhancements
- Status channels can invert the reading state internally.
- Alarm calls deliver the channel reading at time of failure.
- Alarms can be blocked according to the day of the week.
- Several pre-programmed action sequences are provided.
- Action sequences can be chained for longer sequences.
Telephone System Enhancements
- The tone dialer uses dedicated hardware and true DTMF tones.
- The tone dialer can generate all tones including ❊ and # keys.
- Telephone numbers can be chained for longer telephone numbers.
- Improved handling for calls to pagers.
Firmware version 6 is available in the embedded RFC-1 that is part of the RAK-2 and RCS series remote control systems.